PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, December 3, 2011

THE TIM HOLTZ 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - DAY 3

Today is day 3 of the Tim Holts 12 Tags of Christmas and I didn't have any of the items needed to do what Tim did so I improvised.  The theme of the day seemed to be using various colors of ink and embossing.  I didn't have any holiday colored re-inkers to make my own felt so I decided to ink a holiday embossing folder with the 3 colors of Tim's Limited Edition Distress Inks.  After embossing my paper I took a gold ink pad and swiped it over the raised areas.  Then I took versa mark and swiped over it and added some gold Perfect Pearls and heat set.  For my 3D decoration I took a pointsettia chipboard dimensional sticker as well as some Sizzix leaf cuts.  I mounted them on a piece of music banner that I had accordian folded and covered with Walnut Distress Ink.  I finished that up using crackle accents on the leaves and attached it to the center of my card.  Since I am making these cards I couldn't use a jingle bell as the only ones I had were a tad too large.

It doesn't really have the same effect as Tim's but it did inspire me to make another card so I'm a happy camper.

Here's my version:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My stuff never looks quite like Tim's either, but them again there can only be one Tim Holtz, right?? LOL

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...love ♥♥♥ it. S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really pretty and pearly...it caught my eye as I was scrolling through all of the versions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very elegant! I like the idea of doing the cards ...thought I think I'd like to have a tag to keep and a card to give. You do lovely work

    ReplyDelete