PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, July 2, 2012

FLAVOR OF THE WEEK - STRAWBERRY LEMONADE PUNCH!

I chose to do another art journal page for the Summer of Color 2 challenge at Twinkle Twinkle Like a Star flavor this week - Strawberry Lemonade Punch.


As I always do I started by covering my page with a base of gesso but this time what I did differently was that I began working on it while it was still wet.  First I took two bright shades of yellow and pink mists and sprayed the page.  I closed the page and rubbed the back to get color all over.  Then, I took an old credit card and smeared it all around while the mist and the paint were still partially wet.  I let this dry and then added some oil pastels, yellow ink and pink acrylic paint using 2 of my circle Crafters Worshop templates and varying the position and colors.  I finished the page off by adding a quote from the beloved Mark Twain.

Here is my page:


and now...I have taken a look at the flavor for the upcoming week...and I absolutely love it so I am going to give you a sneak peek -

The flavor is called Wild 'N Reckless Sherbet.  I think I am going to have a wild and reckless time playing with those colors.  Not sure yet what it will bring - a scrapbook page, a card perhaps or a tag or yet another inspirational quote on an art journal page.  I love the colors so much there may be more than one!  :)

14 comments:

  1. Great color layering with your stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, what a lovely sentiment!! So true!! Very nice!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice baackground and lovely words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! And what a gorgeous background - wonderful textures and beautiful shades of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote isn't it..your journal pages are great...love the patterns ...great words of wisdom to have in your journal....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific words. Happy Summer of Color, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background..and a super quote!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute quote! Great job on achieving the strawberry lemonade colored background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww what a cute little page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great background, great quote too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background.. and the quote.. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those colors are really cool and so cartoonie. I just love it, soo full of fun!

    ReplyDelete