PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Thursday, February 28, 2013

SAN REMO 1982

My first creation for today uses a sketch from Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  The twist was to use distressing.  I have such a hard time with the shabby chic style because my usual work is simple and graphic and is usually boys so I don't do much with flowers and lace.  This is a photo of my Mom taken at the Royal Hotel Gardens in San Remo back in 1982.

Here is the sketch:


My layout:


I hope you have enjoyed my attempt at shabby chic.  Hopefully I will be able to get one more layout in before bed.  Off to work!

6 comments:

  1. Perfect photo for this pretty shabby chic layout Paula...it turned out beautifully!! Thanks so much for joining us again for a SEM Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do just fine at shabby chic, it turned out great! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really lovely! love your work! thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh there is such a great shabby chic feel to this LO.. Loving it!! And such a wonderful take on this gorgeous sketch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracels..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous page, Paula!! Love your shabby take on the sketch!! I'd have never known this isn't your normal style. How fun to go outside the box on this sweet page. Thanks for joining the sketch challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, you did a great job with the shabby style (of course I don't typically scrap shabby either)! Your paper flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at SEM!

    ReplyDelete