PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, January 17, 2014

FAITH HOPE LOVE

The other day I did an art journal page using scripture 1st Corinthians 13:13

So these three things continue forever
FAITH
     HOPE
          LOVE
And the greatest of these is 
     LOVE

I started the page in my usual way - I put a layer of gesso.  Next I took my new Heidi Swap stencil and used Dry Dex Spackle for some texture.  



Now to add some color.  I started by using some Distress Inks.  


Then a layer of acrylic paint -



I added some water color crayons and spritzed the page with water and moved the colors around a bit.



It was rather 'in your face' loud so I decided to soften it with a thin layer of watered down gesso.


I added some Ranger Embossing Dabber through the stencil and then some Silver Embossing Powder and some Red Embossing Foil.  I heated them up.  





My finishing touches were to add the scripture.  I used stickers for the words Faith, Hop and Love and Grungeboard for the last word Love.  Everything else was done with Pitt pen.  I was having trouble getting the stickers to stay on the glittery embossing powders so I topped it with a layer of Matte Mod Podge.  A lot of the dimension seemed lost so I outlined a lot of the hearts with my black Pitt pen too!

Here it is:



I am submitting this to Word Art Wednesday for their Anything Goes #115 challenge, and putting it in my gallery at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.

Hope that you have enjoyed this step by step of this meaningful art journal page.  Time to get ready for bed!  Sweet dreams and thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. I really like this. It would make a great inspirational sign for my daughter who is struggling with some personal issues. Think I'm going to play with this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Robin S.
    Www. Scrapandchat.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! Hope it inspires and helps your daughter through what she is going through.

      Delete
  2. Love it Paula! Upbeat and happy. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out beautiful! You are getting back in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Paula. Thank you so much for sharing the whole process. I have never used Gesso or many of the other supplies you used on this so it is nice to see how they work. I love how you outlined the hearts...really makes them pop and fits the Scripture perfectly! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely page with lots of depth and it was great to see it develop step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely art work you created. Love your step by step pics of how you achieved kind of transparent background colors. Love the finished result.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete