PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Thursday, July 2, 2015

TIME TO TAKE A JOURNEY!

Today I'm here to share a mixed media piece I created for Soul Scrappers Challenge #SSQ - On the Road Again...

How this challenge works is that we are sent an envelope filled with goodiers that we need to use to create a layout, card or off-the-page project. When I do the SoulQuest challenges I always end up opting to do an art journal page.

These are the goodies I received - 


The goodies came with a note that told us that all the goodies were selected in neutral colors so part of the assignment was to use color. I opted to use several bright colors which I did using one of my favorite colorants - Derwent Inktense Blocks. This is how it started off -


I discovered by being stuck in my tent all day in practically a monsoon that a great way to activate the colors is by rubbing them with Lysol cleaning wipes.


And here is how my background turned out -


Here are the items that were in my envelope as I used them - 

1.  A bus/train ticket-


2.  2 pieces of patterned paper - 



3. A piece of plumber's mesh -
(it's funny how in different places things are called by different names - I have this and it was sheetrock tape.)


4. A piece of muslin - 
(and here this would be called cheesecloth!)


5. Some road signs -


6.  A piece of ribbon -


7.  A piece of twine -
(here this would be rope!)


8.  Some die-cuts


9.  Some rub-ons (plus a cute little stamp I cut off the envelope we received!)


10.  Some Buttons 
(and a cute little piece of metal from my stash!)


And here are some other goodies I added from my stash -

Two pieces of chipboard



Two Quotes I like about journeys 
(including that cute little piece of metal!)


And now here is the grand finale!
(oh which also includes a photo I took on a very long walk I took at Lum's Pond last summer!)


I hope that you have enjoyed getting a look at how I used all those awesome goodies!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  
I hope that you will come visit again soon!
























2 comments:

  1. LOVE that background! Just fantastic! Love the embellies you were given this month...great use of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page!! LOVE how you did the background!!! Need to try that!!

    ReplyDelete