PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A FEW NEW CREATIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR!

Welcome back to my creative space.  Today I am going to share a few cards and a layout that I created the other day. 

Both cards are for Soul Scrappers challenge #CC36, Snow or Sun.  The challenge was to create a card with snow or sun in mind.  I did one of each.

My first one for snow:

 
 
I just loved the snowflake paper from the Graphic 45 Nutcracker collection and those cute little penguins and polar bear - who could resist them right?  I am also going to share this card over at Word Art Wednesday for challenge #164 Anything Goes.
 
And now for my sunny day card -
 
 
While I was in Ohio back in September we went to a wonderful specialty stamping shop and I picked up this template to create a flip-flop card.  That of course is how this started out but...I am terrible with that scoring tool and ended up slicing one of the feet right off.  Rather than just waste it I decided to use it a different way.  On my way home from Ohio I discovered my very first Hobby Lobby store.  I had picked up some great clear stickers and resins there and I thought this sentiment would be perfect for the feel of the card.
 
Last I created a monochromatic layout for this weeks challenge at Let's Get Sketchy.  I used the January sketch from Stuck?!Sketches
 
Here's the sketch:
 
I chose to rotate the sketch 1/4 turn clockwise to accommodate my photos.  This is the first page of a series showing my son Thomas getting his first tattoo.  Normally I would have not allowed him to get one at such a young age (16) but his father died in August and this was in memory of his Dad for the many good times they spent fishing together.
 
Here is my layout:
 
 
I can't tell you how many photos I took trying to get a really good shot of this page and I am still not happy.  The close ups which I will share were much better and you can see the true colors in them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Having to share my creations from the computer at the library makes it difficult to know what the photos look like full size as I only get to see them on my phone before arriving.  I will try to get some better photos to share of this page and replace these tomorrow!
 
I hope 2015 is off to a good start for you!  I realized that 2014 was not a stellar year for creating for me only having done 6 art journal pages and a much smaller number of layouts and cards than I usually do.  I hope to get back on track creatively and have much more to share with you this year!
 
As always, comments are greatly appreciated and thanks for stopping by!
 



16 comments:

  1. What a touching story and memorable experience - great take on the challenge
    Thank you for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Thank you for sharing it with us at Let's Get Sketchy!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Paula. Love your sketch especially, but it's all great! I need to make more time for crafting myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching moment! It will be cherished forever! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenges! Thanks for joining us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and story behind it. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant page and a touching story to read. Thank you for playing with our challenge at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Page! Thanks for sharing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty page, amazing details and a great documentation of a poignant story. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the color you used and what a great tribute tattoo!!!! Thank you for playing with us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this wonderful art with us today at Word Art Wednesday. Have a Happy and BLESSED 2015, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic take on the sketch! Wonderful tribute. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool photos and mice job with the monochromatic challenge at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the monochromatic design...a great take on the sketch..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very touching story. Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome that you took the time to take a pic of that day's big event! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete