PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, May 5, 2013

HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY!

While I wait for the gesso to dry for the art journal page I am hoping to create tonite I decided I would share  with you my creations from yesterday's National Scrapbooking Day.  It's funny as neither of the things I did were scrapbooking pages.  This year I joined the Flying Unicorn for their challenges and celebration.  This was the first time I had ever played there and I was amazed to win 2 door prizes and the art journaling challenge.  I was only able to complete two challenges.  The first was called 'It's Not a Square Thing' and was a card challenge to create a card in any other shape but square.  I chose round.  Here is my card:




The other challenge I chose was the Art Journaling challenge.  For this challenge you needed to create a journal page about spring using the following techniques and/or supplies:


- Paint and/or Gesso
- Masking with color (mist, ink, paint, etc)
- Masking with media (gesso, molding paste, glass beads gel, etc)
- At least one layer of paper other than your background
- At least 2 plants


I started as I do on all my journal pages, with a layer of gesso.  I used masks and templates with mist, ink, paint and my latest favorite - Derwent Inktense Blocks.  For media I used some molding paste and then my favorite - spackle and a butterfly template.  My other layer of paper was the swirl and my title. My two plants were the flowers done with the template and leaves from another template and done with dimensional paint.

Here is my page:




Hope that you have enjoyed a peek at my creations from yesterday.  My gesso should be dry now and I am taking off to work on it.

Have a wonderful evening!











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work on both of them!! I love the AJ Spread!!

    ReplyDelete