PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, November 24, 2013

AIN'T IT GREAT

when everything you need just falls right into place?  

Last night I sat down to choose a challenge to work on.  

I selected this one from The Memory Nest:





I had this photo of my son, his girlfriend and her brother and his girlfriend that was taken in Times Square out on my desk.  

There is a great story to the photo - this was the night John (Kathryn's brother) asked Sally to marry him.  He had all her friends and family in bleachers there and he did a 'mic' check and had everyone repeat what he was saying.  What a big exciting surprise.

Right next to the photo I saw a package of papers that I was trying to finish up that were exactly that color combo.

I rotated the sketch 1/4 turn clockwise.

I used a selection of embossing folders and I embossed (and de-bossed) my triangles.  (yes, the de-bossing was an accident - I didn't watch what side up I put the paper in but I thought it would be a good look for a change!)

I added a thankful quote.

And here it is:




I am also entering this layout in a site I just discovered - 3 Scrappy Boys in their 4th Anniversary Celebration sketch challenge which calls for flipping your sketch!


And now - another message - Paper Secrets is having a 45% off sale through November 30, 2013 and a great giveaway of a $20 gift certificate to the shop!  Head there and get some great bargains - I did!

Come back later as I plan to be busy creating later today!

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge. The sketch you used is a fave of mine. Thanks for playing along with us. LOVE your embossed triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the challenge. The colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch and the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh totally LOVING this page! Its so fun and is such a great take on the sketch and challenge..
    Toni..
    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete