PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Saturday, November 16, 2013

FALL MAY BE UPON US BUT SUMMER SAYS HELLO!

All I got done tonite was one card.  I was looking forward to going to an all day crop tomorrow in Marland but my scrapping buddy has the flu and my throat is pretty raw and I've been sneezing like crazy all day.  So instead we will both be home nursing our illnesses and hopefully at least doing a tad of creating. I really enjoyed using the inspiration photo from the SEI Lifestyle blog along with Sketch #DS127 from Deconstructing Jen and some twine for challenge #146 at Party Time TuesdayColorful Creations Creative Card Challenge and T is for Twine at The Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Here is the Inspiration photo:



From the inspiration photo I chose to use the colors (and the SEI On the Coast collection).  The colors in this range of papers was simply perfect for this challenge.  And then I mimiced the crab with a fussy cut flower that I inked the undersides of with Distress Ink in Ripe Persimmon. Next I fussy cut a leaf to resemble the top of the pineapple. I kept both of these only tacked in their centers to give dimension.   Last I looped twine all around the sides and added a twine tied button to the flower center and stamped the sentiment 'HELLO' at the bottom

And here is the Sketch:



Here is my Card:




I forgot that I am blog hopping in the morning so I am off to make another creation before I head off to bed! Please stop by again later and hop along - there are prizes! 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the brights colors and flower. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love This! Thanks for playing along with the SEI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete