PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, August 18, 2013

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!  I had an awesome day yesterday at Lum's Pond State Park with Michael and my youngest son Thomas.  Followed up by a yummy dinner at Old Country Buffet.  I will always remember yesterday as the day of the butterflies. I have never seen more butterflies in my entire life as I did yesterday.  Before I get to showing you todays creations I want to show off a few of the beauties we saw yesterday that I was able to capture on film.




And now, for today's work.  I'll start with a card I created using Paper Sweeties Sketch Inspiration #10.

The Sketch:



My Card:




My next 2 creations are layouts that I did using sketches and a color combination from Scrapbook.com. The color combo on both is Yellow Green and Brown (just like the card above!)

The first was from the Page Maps sketch challenge Sketch #3.

The Sketch:


My Layout:


My last creation for today was done using Scrapbook.com Monthly Sketch Challenge Bonus Sketch #1.  I also used lots of leaves for challenge #48 on Let's Get Shabby.

The Sketch:


My Layout:




Of course I'm sure you already realized that the photos on the layouts are more from my day at Hagley.  I hope that you have enjoyed today's work and my butterfly photos.  I'm off to get a good nite's sleep as tomorrow is a VERY busy day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pages and cards and of course the butterfly photos. I have those butterflies in my backyard alot. They are Eastern Tiger Swallowtails and just so pretty. Your photos of them are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In number 1, the numbers along the right-hand side really bring that composition together. The architecture in your photographs for that one is very stark and modern so the numbers work to create interest with curvy lines and a hand-made flavor.
    In number 2, the leaves are spectacular. Great use of found-in-nature elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the mix of patterns and lovely color! Thank you for joining us this month for the Paper Sweeties sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Paula! I love all those polka dots!! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties this month!

    ReplyDelete