PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

PLANS AND PURPOSE!

Today I decided to do an art journal page.  I saw some scraps of paper that had aqua, teal, green and yellow and decided that would be my color scheme.  After layering down these colors using Distress Inks and stencils I added some course pumice gel for texture.  I then decided it needed to be brightened up a bit and added a little bit of pink and orange.  Then I cut up the scraps I had been looking at into various different sizes and shapes.  I topped it all with a layer of Matte Mod Podge.  As I topped it off with the Mod Podge some of the ink started to run.  It's funny as only one of the colors did that and they were all Distress.  The blue glided across pulling from some of the pink and giving it some hints of purple.  Then I went to my writing from this morning and found some scriptures I had jotted down.  I couldn't decide between a few of them so I chose two, both from proverbs.  They both spoke to me of having a plan and a purpose for life.  Since it is showcasing scripture I decided to submit it to Word Art Wednesday even though I had already submitted a layout to them earlier this week.  I decided that since they are about plans and purpose I would also share it at Holly Gerth.com about my God Sized Dream.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Here is my creation:




4 comments:

  1. Paula: I just love this piece of art and blog post. When I got involved in Word Art Wednesday, this is pretty much how I was feeling. I wanted my crafting to have a purpose, and to use the gifts God has given me to bring glory and honor to His precious name. I hope that my efforts are fulfilling that purpose - to honor Him. I am SO blessed by the sweet art you share, and a, incredibly grateful for your participation and for how you share from your heart. God has obviously blessed you with some very specific special gifts, and I praise Him that you have found your way to our blog and that you share His goodness through your blog. Thanks for being part of our ministry - you are SUCH a blessing to me, and I'm praying that God will bless you for blessing others, Paula.
    With warm thoughts and heart-felt prayers,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Paula! The Blog Hop starts on Diane Noble's blog:
      www.dianesdesigns.blogspot.com

      We would be SO thrilled to have you hop along with us. Have fun, and good luck in the random draw for the prize. You never know!
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Your art is so colorful and meaningful, both excellent qualities. Sharing Gods word on such a beautiful peice makes it doubly wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page and the scriptures are wonderful. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete