PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, July 1, 2013

INDEPENDENCE DAY IS NEARLY HERE!

I love the 4th of July!  I love the history behind it.  I love the fireworks and celebrations!  Here is a layout I did for my Anything Goes challenge on Colorful Creations.  I am also entering it into the "Let Freedom Ring" challenge at Little Scrap Pieces and the Red White and Blue challenge at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium and the Independence Day blog challenge on Kraftie Kre8tions.

I chose some photos from the 225th reenactment of George Washington's historic march out of Valley Forge that we attended in 2003.  I chose my base paper and went to work.  I used an Adirondack Paint Dauber in Snow Cap and 2 Crafters Workshop templates.  I did a bit of painting and started looking in my Patriotic embellishment stash.  I found this wonderful quote by George Washington from I swap I participated in about 10 years ago.  I embossed some red and blue cardstock and cut stars.  I added ribbon, trim, bling and some tiny sticker stars and a cute little tag also from that swap.

And here we are:



I hope you have enjoyed my first patriotic layout for this month.  I'm sure there will be more.  I have so many reenactment photos to scrap.  I just may have to go out and get more patriotic papers though as that pile surprisingly is dwindling down.  Shocking for a total paper hoarder like me...my total paper is certainly not dwindling a bit!
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Super neat layout! Wow, thank you so much for sharing this with us!

    Thank you for sharing with us this week at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete