PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, July 26, 2013

WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?

I love Delaware.  People here are so nice, so caring, so helpful.  I moved here from New Jersey about 18 months ago.  This past year I have had the most difficult year of my life.  I have experienced trauma in every area of my life - healthwise, emotionally, financially, with my apartment, my car - simply everything!  When I arrived I went to a church I found online that was in the neighborhood.  I had emailed them while I was still in New Jersey and they replied.  I decided I would try them first.  Well, after my very first visit I knew I was 'home'.  They have upheld me in prayer, visited me, helped me financially.  The other day my car broke down in the library parking lot (yet again).  I called my son's friend's step-father who always has helped me out when I have had car trouble (and never takes a dime!)  He came out and the problem was more complex than we had expected.  It has been 3 days.  I did not even mention that I had several doctor appointments I had or other appointments. As he was driving me home he passed my street.  I said - you just missed the turn.  He said no I didn't.  We are going back to my house to talk to my wife.  We walked in and she handed me the keys to her mini-van which I have been using for the last 3 days.  People here just have done such amazing things.  Have shown such love and care I am just overwhelmed with gratitude.  I have been SO blessed in so many many ways.  

I sat down tonite to choose a card challenge.  I picked color challenge #32 from Sunnyside Up Creations Blog and sketch #189 from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I looked on my table which is filled with miscellaneous supplies and there were a few great sheets of chipboard from Scenic Route and there were flowers that matched the color scheme perfectly that had simply the absolute perfect sentiments.  

The Color Scheme:




The Sketch:



And my Card:







Now aren't those chipboard flowers THE BEST?  

I am also submitting this card to Word Art Wednesday for the Anything Goes Challenge #90

Off to bed!  Sweet Dreams and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect combination of the color inspiration and the sketch. Your creativity really shines through on this one, and I cannot thank you enough for sharing your incredible talents with us. I'm SO happy to have you link up in our challenge this week and hope to see you again soon. Your art is always a joy!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula. I am so blessed to hear about your testimony on great people and Church you met when you moved to Delaware. It is such a comfort to know that God takes care of our need and that in times of trouble, He sends wonderful people to encourage and love on us. I pray that you get your vehicle fixed and for blessings on those people who have provided blessings in your life. BTW, I love the bold colors of your card and how you take on the sketch. Awesome! We are blessed that you played with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith without works is dead BUT it seems like your church family have faith and works. I am so happy to hear that God is meeting your needs and keeping your spirits high. I love the colors on your card and your chipboard flowers are sweet.
    We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    PS we are here for you as well. Need any extra prayer, let us know. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is very inspiring. Faith is a very strong feeling. Thank you.
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete