PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Monday, August 13, 2012

MESSAGE IN THE POCKET!

I just loved the colors over at the Play Date Cafe this week.  I had some great Distress Inks in those shades so I started by inking my cardstock with all three colors.  I then used a background stamp on top to give it some interest.  I wasn't sure what to do next when in my pile of scraps on my desk I spotted this great little pink pocket shaped polka dot paper.  It was the perfect size to fit a tag into and the perfect size for the card so I decided to make a pocket card with the sentiment in the pocket and the inside of the card blank for a personal note.

Here are the colors I had to work with:


And here is the outside of the card:


For the tag insert I used a manilla shipping tag which I inked with the Yellow Lemonade Distress Ink.  Then I took my favorite Crafters Workshop template and the Persimmon Distress ink and made a pattern.  Last I stamped my sentiment which was the quote 
Life is measured in moments
Live every moment
Laugh every day
Love without regrets

I followed that up with Happy Birthday! added some ribbon and the insert was complete.  Here it is:


I was also excited about the idea of a pocket because there is a fun challenge over at Colorful Creations for a pocket so I will be entering it there too!

Hope you have enjoyed viewing my latest card creation!




5 comments:

  1. Love how you added a tag to your card. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice saying and a very cute idea. I never think of neat ideas and blog hops really help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pocket card! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tag card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love how you've done the background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete