PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

AN UGLY START

The layout I am going to share next is for the Ugly Paper Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  Every month we trade ugly papers with other members and take what they have sent and do our best to make it beautiful.

Here are the papers and embellishment I received:


I used the paper on the left as my background and I took the other one and embossed and inkied it then die cut it and combined it with the embellishment to make the layered flowers.

Here is the finished product:



I am also entering it in the Turtle Soup NSD Recipe challenge which called for using patterned paper, brads, flowers and ribbon.  The ribbon is the edge between the patterned paper and the pink cardstock (which I inked up with my favorite random stamp) and the rhinestones are brads, and in Lasting Memories challenge #189 Make Your Own Background Paper, and the Love to Create challenge #114 Say it with Flowers

I completed another layout but you can't see it now.  It's for the June sketch challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles so come back to check that out on June 1.  (but don't worry, I'll have more to share with you before then!)


5 comments:

  1. Great layout and job creating with this paper!! LOVE that bottom flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did make it look beautiful! Never really did think of doing that!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, the papers are really gorgeous on here! Thanks for joining us at LTC with our Say it with Flowers challenge!
    Crafty Hugs's
    Jackie ~ LTC owner/admin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done wonders with those tricky papers. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really neat how you took "ugly" paper and turned it pretty! I love it! Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete