PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, May 4, 2014

MORE FROM NSD

Here's a layout I did for the NSD Pick an Element Challenge over at A Cherry on Top.  The challenge was to pick three elements from this layout.



The elements I chose were the color red, arrows, border punches (and I have a bit of corrugated paper on it too!)

I used the April 15th sketch from over at Boys Rule.


and here is my first layout:


My next layout is for the Flying Unicorn Song Lyric/Poem Layout challenge.  I had several photos of the map collection at Winterthur so I looked for a poem about maps.

Here is the poem I chose:

A Map and a Dream
by Karen O'Donnell Taylor
Maps are more
than tiny lines
intersection
lace designs...
More than names
and colored dots,
rivers, mountains,
tourist spots.
Map are keys
to secret places
vast new world
and unknown faces.
I can trace each
graceful line...
Close my eyes
and in my mind
I can travel
anywhere...
A map, a dream
can take me there!



And here is the layout:


I am also entering this in Crafty Creations challenge #262 Anything but a Card.

I wasn't able to get as much done as I had hoped to today but most of the challenges are still open for most of tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get a few more completed.

Sweet dreams!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts Paula. Hope you had a fun and happy #NSD. Love the red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages, lovely layers and colours, so glad you joined us at Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete