PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Sunday, May 11, 2014

MAKIN' IT WITH MOD PODGE







Welcome to the final hop of 
the Krazy Crafting Crew!  


Today's creations will be all things ModPodge! 

We are an independent hop team that enjoys sharing our work with everyone and hope to inspire you with new ideas for your own creativity. We are a team who loves to do all different themes, such as cards, layouts, 3D projects and so much more. We do all the paper crafting from traditional to digital. Mostly traditional, every now and then there may be a little mixed media too! 

Now on to some fun. 

Here is the project I have made for today’s hop-

I started off with this - 



Next I took masking tape and closed up the open spots on the bottom and reinforced the seams.  Then I took black cardstock and lined the inside and covered the bottom.


I decided to use the Couture Collection by SEI.  I chose two papers - a floral and a stripe.  I cut the first one a bit larger than the sides so that it would wrap around.



I added the other pattern to the other two sides as well as to the carrier top.  


Next I took washi tape and went around all the edges so that they would be smooth.


I covered the inside and outside with a layer of Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre to seal it.


I thought this would be it but when I went back to my 'art' area I happen to notice a bag of ribbons and lace that had a trim that matched perfect so I decided to dress it up a bit...


And I just realized that I never told you the purpose.  It is a pen caddy!  There are four sections so I can keep my pens separated by type!

Our hostess for today is Jerise Havenga. Please make sure you stop by her blog and take a peek. She has a neat little give away going on and you can find out all the details on how to sign up for it.

Here is the total line-up!



Thanks so much for coming by and for all your support on our previous hops.

I am also going to enter this project in the Crafty Creations Anything But a Card challenge and Flying Unicorn Anything Goes challenge.




12 comments:

  1. So cool! I never would have thought to do something like this. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT Paula! Whatever you use it for it is so neat! Thank you so much for and awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome, I am loving seeing what makes using mod podge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty box - it would make a great gift when you fill it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pen caddy is gorgeous! You are so creative! I love the papers, ribbon and lace you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pen cady, I am always looking for ways to re-purpose items that I think could possibly be useful for something else. Sorry that this is the last blog hop, I just found you. Happy Mother's Day.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love it, I never thought of altering something like this,
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, I love your caddy. Thank you for sharing.
    Robin L.
    http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! So neat that you were able to repurpose that carrier into something so useful!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. I really love all the work you put into this. What a great pen carrier. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say I loved this idea and need to try it. It turned out so cute and is so functional. Thank you for joining me on this last top of KCC.

    ReplyDelete