PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

MISSING SUMMER ALREADY........and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR A FRIEND

Although the cold hasn't really hit us yet, and Autumn can be such a beautiful season I am truly a summer gal and I am already missing my flip flops, shorts and a trip to the beach. Yesterday I created a tag as my tribute to summer.

Over at Paper Doll Trading they are having an event called Star Doll.  You needed to create any project you wanted using a paper doll and the theme beach.

I just love Sea Sallie and was so happy to have an opportunity to use her again.  I went for lots of textures on this one...sequins, embossing, glitter, sand!  so much fun!


Here she is!



check out all the different textures - 


sand!

 sequins!

 glitter!

 embossing!

I hope this brought you back some 
fond summer memories 
to keep you warm when the winter arrives!


And now for my card - 

A good friend that I haven't seen in years is having a birthday on the 16th.  We're going to get together for Thanksgiving this year but I thought it would be fun to mail him an actual card rather than just the usual online birthday greeting.  


I used Mojo Monday Sketch #419-


and here's the card!



now all I need is the address 
for the envelope...LOL!

I am also entering this card in The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge Autunmn Colors and Twine.
and 
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #331 
Forest Friends (inspired by the colors)


Happy Birthday Dale!






7 comments:

  1. Hi Paula. These are beautiful cards! I LOVE the mermaid's tail! Your birthday card to your dear friend is equally beautiful. I'm sure he'll love it. It also have a nice autumn colors feel to it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Outlawz Monday Greetings. I'm so glad you've found us! I hope you'll be able to join us again next week for our 'Add flowers or brads to your project' theme which I'll be hosting. Have a lovely weekend Paula.

    Christina Hor
    Outlawz Monday Greetings, DT
    memoriescrafter.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag! Love the sequins on her too! :) Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! So glad you joined us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards - thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Mermaid!! The sparkle is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete